The recognition of other bloggers – passing it on :-)
Since I started blogging I have received 4 awards from other bloggers. In this blog I want to thank Snigdha, Patrick and Marco for recognizing my blog. And now it is time to give something back, including some personal facts about me 😉
I recently received the “Blog of the Year 2012” from Snigdha from Bangalore, India. Snigdha is a passionate traveler that just like me seem to constant be dreaming of new trips and that, also like me, finds the planning of a new trip half the pleasure. In her blog “Getsetandgo” Snigdha gives detailed insights to various destinations. Glad I found you Snigdha. Thank you for your nomination and happy travelling 2013, looking forward to read more of you 🙂
The rules for Blog of the Year 2012 Award are:
1. Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ award
My nominations for this award are below six blogs, in no particular order, that are all bringing me lots of pleasure in different ways:
World Music – the music journey – this is a music blog with lots of followers. And no wonder. The young German man behind this blog constantly feeds this blog with new exiting music from around the world. Through this blog I have discovered exiting music from especially Africa, that I would never have found on my own. I recently made a tab in my blog called “Music” where I am linking to World Music. To share with others but also to keep track of my favourites.
Japan in 365 days – because the man behind this photo blog takes amazing pictures of one of my absolutel favourite destinations!
Traveleum – very recently discovered this travel blog and don´t know much about the man behind it. But the photos are stunning and right now he seems to be focusing on Iran with pictures that makes you want to travel there straight away!
Red Pants And a Mustache – this Canadian expat living in Stockholm is doing a fantastic job documenting all cafeés in Stockholm in word an picture. Besides this he has a great humour. Just check this post out, one of my absolute favouites where the search engine statisctics is being analyzed 😉 When Patrick came to Göteborg for a visit I had the pleasure to meet him IRL too. Great person, great blog. Although he has been a bit absent lately. Maybe he just need a bit more traffic to get going again.
The World According to Mitzie Mee – this girl “liked” my blog just a few weeks ago and I am very thankful for that. She has developed a lifestyle blog full of joy. I get energy by looking at all colourful food pictures and random interesting discoveries. The girl behind this blog seem to have Scandinavian roots (Danish or Swedish, not sure) but is right now living in Dubai.
Retireediary – Beautiful travel pictures and text from a retired Hong Kong citizen. This blog, and especially this post, is so inspiring to any travel addict. Keep on enjoying and exploring! And my greetings and deepest respect to your 80 + father in law.
2. Write a blog post and tell nominate blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3. Please include a link back to this page ’Blog of the Year 2012 Award’ **-– http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-awards/blog-of-the-year-2012-award/ – and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4. Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them.
5. As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
Some months ago the man behing the “Red Pants And a Mustache” blog, presented me with the “Versatile blogger warad”. I am sorry Patric for taking such time to return the recognition to you. I enjoy your café blog a lot. It is a very unique idea and I am looking forward to read more from you soon 🙂 Thank you for following my adventures!
About the Versatile Blogger’s Award:
The Versatile Blogger’s Award is a way for bloggers to support each other and recognize interesting and inspiring blogs. There rules to accept this award are:
- Nominate 15 fellow bloggers who are relatively new to blogging
- Let the nominated bloggers know that they have been nominated for this award
- Share 7 random facts about yourself
- Thank the blogger who has nominated you
- Add the Versatile Award picture to your post
Those are 15 bloggers that all deserves a recognition for their nice blogs, in no particular order:
- No Excess Baggage – dedicated Philippino guy sharing travel stories
- Dave´s Photo Musings – beautiful archive of pictures, especially enjoy the wildlife photos from Africa
- Our Wanderings – two american friends discovering Europe
- Getsetandgo – well written travel blog by a passionate Indian woman
- Jacek Proniewicz travel blog – beautiful travel blog by a Polish guy
- The Reflective Indian – seems to be a great blog for some real insights about various Indian places/topics
- 23 and Unfunny – sweet travel blog by a young american girl
- Murray Foote – lovely photo/travel blog
- A lifetime´s exploration – yet another nice travel blog
- Sylphar´s gallery – rather new blog with amazing pictures
- Walking Through Wonderland – nice text and pictures from a fantastic country
- Too Mutch For Words – recently discovered travel blog that looks very interesting
- Our Adventure in Croatia – a blog filled with passion for amazing Croatia
- @1girl50states – a girl is about to travel around USA, this is where she will blog about her adventures
- on the road with Animalcouriers – such a sweet idea for a blog, lots of “feel good” for animal lovers
7 random fact about me:
1. I am the only child, no brothers or sisters
2. I like animals more than kids
3. I don´t have a pet but I love dogs and most animals, apart from mosquitos and other stinging insects
4. 17 different kinds of frogs are for display in my apartment
5. I lost 6 kilos recently by eating only fat & protein (the LCHF diet).
6. Almost the only litterature I am reading is travel related, and sometimes a self biography
7. I have been told I can move my body like a Latina, that is a compliment that made me truly proud 🙂
There seems to be different kinds of Liebster Blog awards circulating. I have received two different once, one from the kind man mentioned above that presented me the Versatile blogger Award. Thank you again Patric, alias “Red Pants And a Mustache”. I also received a Liebster Blog Award from a blogger I just discovered and that I am so exited to have found. It is an Italian man called Marco who seem to have given up a safe enviroment in Italy for a completely new challenge. He quit his job and moved to Beijing to learn Chinese. Wow! Thanks Marco! Don´t miss his “Oriental Journey”.
The rules for the two are pretty similar so I have decided to combine them. The logo number two below, that came with the nomination from Marco, has a few more steps and since I like challenges I stick to those rules.
The award is given to a blog with less than 200 followers that deserves a little more recognition:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
3. Copy & Paste the award to your blog .
4. List 11 Random Facts about yourself. => OK, here we go again:
- I am currently learning Brazilian Portuguese
- I have a dream to once be able to live a few years in Brazil
- I love house music, I used to club a lot when I was younger, not as much anymore
- If I could have any job, I would like to be a travel reporter
- I am learning Bachata, this couple dancing “Bachatango” (different style) are enchanting me
- I love chilli, sometimes I long for the burning feeling in my mouth
- I love to take really hot baths, like in Japan
- I am very social but also need a big portion of alone time
- I have claustrophobia and fear to be “trapped”
- I like to sing and would join a choir if I had time
- When I cannot sleep I use my pillow with tags on, so called “nail pillow” which relaxes body& mind
5. Answer the questions asked by the blogger who nominated you. => OK Marco, here are my answers to you:
- How old are you? Still 36 for another few month
- What makes you nostalgic? Looking in old school photo directories together with my long time childhood friend, remembering the teenage times…
- Who made the last incoming call on your phone? My “samba friend” Hilary
- Are you in love? Most of the time
- Do you like to travel? Travel is my biggest passion in life
- Have you ever been in Italy? if yes where? Yes, to Sicily and Rimini, I would love to discover more
- Whats your lucky number? Don´t have one
- Do you like pizza? Yes, Sweden is famous for their terrific pizzas, I like them more than Italian 😉
- Do you remember your dreams? Lately yes, I am a great performer of Bachata in my dreams
- What historical period would you like to live in if you could go back in time? Oh, going back in time does not appeal at all to me. But going into the future would be exiting
- What did you do for your last birthday? For the first time in a few years time I did not have a party. I took it easy and in fact, had a wonderful pizza with a friend and a nice beachwalk in the fresh air
6. Nominate 5 blogs that you enjoy to receive the award and who have less than 200 followers => well since I have been nominated twice I like to nominate 10 amazing “less than 200 followers” blogs that all deserve recognition, in no particular order:
- Two Flightless Birds – discovered this blog just last week, sure it´s gonna get many followers very soon because the concept is so exiting!
- It´s all Michael Palin´s fault – great travel blog which seems to be a bit on hold but as soon as it gets more active again I don´t want to miss out.
- The Paolo Project – very nice and well written travel blog by a young philippine guy.
- 4 feet 2 mouths – amazing pictures, great writing, just a travel blog to love!!!
- Oriental journey – an Italian that left his old life in Italy behind to start a new in Beijing, can only be interesting reading! Yes Marco, now you get the Liebster award back but since I was nominated twice I thought why not 😉
- In and Out of Weeks – recently started to follow, seems to be a very beautiful travel blog, amazing portraits from Africa.
- Finding Fukuoka – came across this blog before my last Japan trip when searching for Fukuoka info. Great blog!
- Girl in Provence – nice photo blog from France, written by a California girl.
- Hinds Feet on High Places – a very new blog that I am looking forward to see more of. Starting with Tokyo was at least very good to catch my attention 😉
- About Addis Ababa – found this blog today and I already love it! Unique insight to a country I want to learn more about!
7. List 11 questions for your nominees.
- What would be your dream profession if you could choose any?
- What kind of music do you listen to?
- Do you like dancing? If yes, what?
- Do you go to bed early or late?
- What is the household task that you dislike the most?
- How many hours do you spend on wordpress.com each week?
- How do you prefer to spend your Friday evening?
- Which languages do you speak?
- What are your three favourite places on earth?
- What is your favourite restaurant where you live?
- How are you feeling right now, at this very moment?
8. Inform them of their nomination by leaving a comment on their blog.
With this a big thank you to my followers for enjoying my travel journey and a congratulation too all of you mentioned in this blog 🙂 I am very glad to have discovered each and one of you! With this I give you a self portrait from Kurokawa onsen town in Japan, last fall. This is me feeling absolutely thankful to life and all the beauty just waiting to be discovered.