The next trip that is waiting around the corner (Feb/Mar 2012) is an almost nine weeks long holiday to Florida, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama. The first four weeks will be done together with my friend Louise. We went away this year in February to Costa Rica, Guatemala, Belize and Mexico and liked it so much that we want to explore more of this fantastic region.
Planning and arranging things for such a trip is really half the fun. Nowadays I pretty much like to pre-book and plan my trip pretty detailed in advance. Some might think that is boring and I would have thought too a few years ago. But this is just a way that suits me nowadays. It is very relaxed to not have to think about too much practicalitis once on holiday. This way I also make sure not to miss out on any highlights since I do lot´s of research already from home. And it is just so much fun to enjoy everything twice, online and in real.
So where are we going? Right now in the planning stage it looks like this:
- United States: Landing in Miami =>Key West – Fort Lauderdale – Orlando – Sarasota – Miami
- Honduras: Landing in Guatemala City =>Copan – San Pedro Sula – La Ceiba – Roatan Island
- Nicaragua: Flying to Managua =>Granada – (Jenny continues alone) Spanish studies by lake Apoyo – Ometepe Island
- Costa Rica: San José – Tortuguero – Corcovado – Cahuita
- Panama: Bocas del Toro islands – Boquete – San Blas islands – Panama City
This was my first post and first update, there is much more to come. And here is a picture of my friend Louise and me last year in Costa Rica. Louise is a great travelmate. We are both structured, cautious, like a mix of beach and adventure. We like to go to bed early, need food every three hours and around two in the afternoon we both get cravings for cold beer 😀 Now, that is what I call a good macth!
Posted on October 30, 2011, in Costa Rica, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, United States and tagged Backpacking, Costa Rica, Florida, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Resa, Resor, Travel, Vacation. Bookmark the permalink. 6 Comments.